Wainstones Pool - Exclusive Lake Bookings
Nestled at the foothills of the North Yorkshire Moors and Cleveland Hills, Wainstones Pool is Mark’s own personal lake which opened it's doors to the public for exclusive bookings in March 2020. Now you and your friends can have your own personal use of this stunning lake with no interference from the outside world.
The History of Wainstones Pool:
The Pool Today:
How we operate:
- A maximum of two rods per angler to be used.
- Barbless hooks only. No long curve shank hooks or “360” rigs.
- Boilies, pellets, and fishery prepared particles only. No other baits are allowed.
- No nets, weigh slings, or unhooking mats to be brought on site. These are all provided by the fishery.
- No zig rigs, surface fishing, or free-lining. Pop Ups to be fished no higher than 4inches.
- All leads must be able to release on the take, either on lead clips, drop off inline, drop off helicopter rigs, or to be fished free running.
- Fishing only from recognised swims.
- A minimum of 18-inch (45cm) of anti tangle/rig tubing must be used.
- No leadcore or leaders of any description.
- A minimum of 0.40mm main/reel line to be used, and hooklinks no lighter than 25lb b.s.
- Fish must not be retained in slings.
- No wading or swimming.
- Drugs and heavy drinking will NOT be tolerated.
- No dogs.
- Any carp caught that look to be 35lb+ must not be removed from the water. Please retain in the landing net and call bailiff immediately so that weighing and photographing can be carried out, regardless of the time!
Facilities & Security:
Prices & Bookings:
Prices are for the full lake booking. A £250 deposit is required to secure a booking, then the balance is payable 8 weeks before your session.
|Monday 9am to Thursday 6pm
Friday 9am to Sunday 6pm
|Monday 9am to Sunday 6pm
Mark is also available for tutorial sessions on the pool at the reduced rate of £395 per 24-hours. Bait packages can be purchased too, with CC Moore boilies, pop-ups and liquids available at discounted rates.
Wood Pool - Opening April 2021
Originally dug in late 2017 as a stock pond this tiny pool was extended in 2019 to create "Wood Pool". At just half an acre in size this tiny pool is stocked with 80+ carp averaging 12-16lb but boasts numerous 20lb'ers up to 25lb+. The pool is available for exclusive bookings from Monday 9am till Thursday 6pm, and Friday 9am till Sunday 6pm for just two persons. Prices are just £250 for the lake exclusive
To arrange a booking or for more information please call:
The Angry Common
One of two original commons stocked in 1994 as a stunted low double. Although only around 23lb these days this fish is thought to be around 35-40 years old and is one of the rarest visitors to the bank.
The Alpha male carp, another VS Fisheries carp introduced in the winter of 2017 at 23lb+.
Another beautiful example of a VS Fisheries carp, stocked in December 2017 at 21lb 8oz but looking considerably larger now!
Most Wanted List
This truly breathtaking carp is on everyone’s “Most Wanted” list. Top weight 20lb+, February 2018.
The carp with no name
No name for this one, but a perfect example of some of the wonderful scaly fish that reside in the pool. Seen here weighing 22lb+ in February 2018.
One of the recent VS Fisheries introductions, stocked in the winter of 2017 at 25lb+; what an awesome looking carp!
One of the oldest carp in the pool, stocked in 1994 and he was an old fish back then! Top weight around 22lb+, but one of the rarest visitors to the bank, and who wouldn’t want this stunning old carp in their photo album!?
One of the fastest growing carp in the pool. Top weight 28lb in 2017, and set to be considerably larger by 2020.
Weighing 30lb 1oz here in 2017
Weighing 36lb 3oz in 2016, could this fish make 40lb+ by 2020?
Seen here at 37lb 11oz in 2016, I wonder how big this will be in 2020!?